Monday, October 31, 2005

Be patient -- you can reach your goal!

I hope your week's begun well; I hope you didn't stumble on the Daylight Savings thing, either! I never can remember "Spring Ahead, Fall Back", because "Spring Back, Fall Ahead" sounds right to me as well. I always have trouble picking between "In 1492, Columbus sailed the ocean blue" and "In 1493, Columbus sailed the deep blue sea", too!

I've started my holiday shopping -- I refuse to enter a store between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I used to buy a lot at festivals and fairs; I tend to do Internet shopping nowadays. Hope to be finished with all of it by the end of the month.

Today's a tough day for me -- I've been trying to avoid sugar and candy. I waited until the last minute to buy Halloween candy (I normally buy it early, eat it all, buy it again, eat it all, buy it again, eat it all, etc). Now I'm hoping we have anough kids coming by so I can give it all away. We used to have big crowds several years back, but lately we've only been getting a handful of kids passing by. I think my subdivision is growing up.

How about some quick words from my sponsors, then on to the reading.

------------------------

(Here're those good folks from Austin!)

Why pay for those expensive psychic phone calls that cost at least $20 per call? Get FREE daily horoscope and Unlimited LIVE Psychic Readings for 5 FULL DAYS. That's 120 hours of Unlimited LIVE Psychic Readings. It's only $1.99 for a 5-Day Trial for unlimited access to Psychic Web. That's less than $.40 a day!

Your 5-day trial or monthly membership includes:
-Unlimited Live Video Chat with Psychic
-Unlimited Live Psychic Readings
-Email Readings
-Daily/Weekly/Monthly Horoscopes
-Tarot, Rune, I-Ching, Numerology and Biorhythm Readings
-Astro-Match
-Passion Signs
-Lucky Numbers
-Astrology Charts
-Psychic Tests
-Discussion Boards
-Psychic Chat

Psychic Web is your key to unlocking your future. Prove us wrong and click on the link. The Universe Awaits your Arrival!

http://www.woodsongtarot.com/bestpsychics/c2473.html

------------------------

We'll again pull two cards -- the first suggests something we should focus on for the week. The second suggests things we might consider in order to fully benefit from the attributes of the first card.

The cards are:

Ten of Wands

The Hierophant

Seems like we've been seeing a lot of cards like the Ten of Wands lately. Looking for a quick fix -- the Ten of Wands suggests you'll be disappointed! This card reminds us that sometimes you have to work hard to gain what you want. This might even feel like an ongoing struggle -- you might feel like you never get ahead. When you feel this way, you should objectively and fairly ask, 1) have I really tried? And 2) If I have tried, then have I at least made some small progress? If you can honestly say you’ve tried and that you’ve made even a teensy bit of progress, then you know you can succeed.

It’d be nice to win the game in a single play - but the important thing is winning the game! Doesn’t matter if it’s a last-minute strike or a long, time-consuming grind - the end result is all that matters. So don’t be discouraged by something just because it looks like it might be hard - instead, decide if the end product is something or someplace you’d like to be. If so, then don’t fear the encounter because it seems difficult. The Ten suggests not quitting when times seem tough - be honest in evaluating, but be confident in your abilities.

Our next card helps build on this message. Last week, we saw The Emperor -- a rule giver. This week, we have the Hierophant -- a rule follower. This card likes to do things the traditional and established way. He doesn't call for originality to solve problems; he instead prefers to draw on tradition and do things “by the book”. Remember the old Smith-Barney commercial, "Smith-Barney makes money the old-fashioned way ... they EARN it!" That's the Hierophant. He knows that he will be successful if he simply follows the established path. Might not be the quickest -- but it will get you there.

See the similarity with the Ten of Wands. Neither of these cards suggest looking for quick fixes -- but both emphasize that slow, steady, and honest progress will gain your destination. Don't be discouraged if you don't see your goal right away -- that doesn't mean you're failing! If you just confirm that you are following the proper path, you know you'll eventually successfully reach your goal.

And that's about it this time! I hope things go well for you this week and look forward to talking to you again next week. As always, if you're interested in a private reading, please try my sponsors above or my list of readers at http://www.woodsongtarot.com/readers.html . I also welcome your comments at http://woodsongtarot.blogspot.com !

Woodsong --
visit Tarot by Woodsong at http://www.woodsongtarot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your email. I look forward to it each week. This week's has been particulary inspirational. I'm having a few financal worries at the moment and I know now I just have to keep going.

Can you recommend a book to me. I do a few tarot readings for friends but the book I have is good, but a bit airy fairy, your descriptions of the cards are much more practical. Have you ever thought of writing your own book?