Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Be Hard-Headed!

Hi all!

If this was a holiday weekend for you, I hope you had a good one.

The Memorial day stereotype is that everyone barbecues -- doesn't apply at my house.  I'm not allowed to barbecue any more.  No matter how I try, my gently smoking pit always instantly turns into a roiling blob of flames!  It's really frustrating, because I used to be pretty successful when I was younger -- maybe they're making the meat differently now?

No, I know it's that I get distracted and don't pay attention when I shoulda oughta be paying attention.  Oh well.  Would be nice to find something to blame instead!

Let's jump into this reading -- we'll start with our first card, The Magician.
The Magician suggests someone who won't take "no" for an answer.  He knows what he wants to achieve -- and he's going to make it happen.  He doesn't get discouraged if things don't work out initially -- he's too focused on his goal to worry about that.  He'll deal with temporary "bumps" along the road and wills himself forward when others might give up.

The Magician doesn't give up.  Frankly, he's too much of a hardhead to do so!

Let's see where this is heading -- with our second card, the Five of Swords.
Interestingly enough, this card kind of emphasizes this message -- don't give up when you encounter difficulties.

Some folks see this card as a negative one -- I always see it as someone who has faced greater odds and overcame them.

When we put these two together, we're reminded that if we really want to achieve our desired goal -- and we really want to put the effort in to make it happen -- then we're not going to be discouraged by what may seem to be difficult challenges.  Rather than seeing them as obstacles that can stop us, we should see them as temporary issues that need to be resolved so that we can move forward towards our goal.

So -- put on your hard head, dig your heels in the ground, and willfully press forward to your goal.  That's the big picture you want to focus on!

More later this week -- have a great one!

Woodsong

5 comments:

Unknown said...

good one, thank you, that's exactly how I'm feeling and doing.
Why don't you have a share button so it can be shared on FB, Twitter, etc.?

Woodsong said...

Hi Alecs --

Thanks for the suggestion -- I think I do have a "share" button -- it's on the right-hand column of the screen towards the top. Maybe I need a bigger or neater icon? I know this one's pretty old.

Unknown said...

Hi Woodsong...You've been in and out of my life for the last 14 years and I am glad you are up and running again!

~Joysters

Woodsong said...

Hiya Joy,

That's a very kind thing to say -- I'm glad you think so!

Woodsong

voyance serieuse par mail said...

This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it. Really very useful tips are provided here. Thank you so much. Keep up the good works