Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Expect the Best


Good Morning Everyone!

Well, at least it's morning when I'm writing this.  First night in Vegas -- wake up at midnight when someone sets off the hotel's fire alarm.  Second night -- wake up at 1:00AM when someone starts playing loud-shake-the-room jungle music (BUMP-BUMP-BUMP-BUMP-BUMP-and-so-on-for-at-least-half-an-hour!).  I'd be pretty fried except that I'm getting to bed real early.

By the way, my definition of jungle music is any tune whose only melodic purpose is to go BUMP-BUMP-BUMP-BUMP.

I had a good weekend -- fun gun show and great gem show.  Most gun purchasers I noticed were women.  Well, so were most gem purchasers, too!

I'm off to a day of conference stuff in a bit -- thought I'd try to slip in a reading before I left.

Our first card is: The Ace of Swords


Aces in general suggest starting something new.  Swords in particular suggest mental stimulation or new intellectual endeavors -- things like reading a new book, working puzzles, learning a new language, etc.  The scale isn't that important -- it's the act of diving into something new that counts.

Learning is fun -- so why do so many people shy away from it?  I think the reason is that people are concerned they won't be any good at it.  Frankly, that's not such a great reason (although it's understandable).  So what if you're not good at it -- it's the fact that you tried that counts, not whether or not you succeed.

What can help us feel comfortable about beginning something new?  How about our second card -- the King of Wands.


This king can suggest a lot of things -- but most of all, he is CONFIDENT!  He knows he's going to do well in any endeavor he undertakes -- simply becase that's what he expects of himself.  This expectation is what makes him eager to take on new projects.

So, be confident about any projects you may begin.  Expect the best of yourself -- and that's likely what you'll receive!

Have a great week!

Woodsong





2 comments:

Alexsandria said...

Ty for this reading. You know I'm always trying to add something. I wanted to mention that sometimes when I receive the Ace of swords, it's not just about starting something new or receiving new ideas to solve problems. It's a card to cut out the BS....cut out those who do not support you...cut out the bad habits from your world....cut out negative and dogmatic ways of thinking....this card goes great with the King of Wands...I'm using this reading as a way of introducing new ideas and actually doing them...I'm going to abstain from negative thinking of "Oh,I can't do that!! It's not for me!!" and I'm just going to do it, regardless of who's behind me. I know that King is....thanks Woodsong

rosi said...


Congratulations on your site, it's really nice of you to give us lessons, and then even with your explanations
they're great, keep it up

voyance mail gratuite, voyance serieuse par mail