Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Learn and Love it!

Moan and groan!!! I finally got my dental work done late last week -- two bone grafts with implants to come! I apologize for missing the reading last week, but I was in no fit shape to participate in the human race for a couple of days.

I'm in the heavy achey stage right now -- not quite fit for society, but pretty close. It has been really nice to actually eat and chew something again, though.

I've been doing a lot of sewing lately -- there's a new Renaissance festival starting up next spring near Austin and I'm helping out on the costumes. I'm thinking of setting up a tent and doing tarot readings, too. I've always enjoyed going to Ren faires, but have never participated before. I think it would be fun!

How about the reading!

We'll again pull two cards -- the first suggests something we should focus on for the week. The second suggests things we might consider in order to fully benefit from the attributes of the first card. Our cards this week are:



Eight of Pentacles
(Reversed)







Ace of Cups





Usually, when I do a reading, I puzzle over the cards a bit. I'll test different meanings and interpretations before I settle in on what seems appropriate and meaningful. Sometimes takes a bit of time before it feels right.

And then sometimes, as soon as I see the cards the answer is obvious! This is one of those times.

The first card, the Eight of Pentacles, is something I think of as a "joy of learning" card. It suggests those times we're engaged in learning a new skill or task ... and we're really getting into it. Probably to the point where we don't really notice time passing -- we're completely absorbed by the task.

Since the card is reversed, it's suggested that we're not able to realize this level of absorbed participation ... so let's look at our next card for a tip on how to change this.

I could go on about the Ace of Cups -- but let's just cut to the chase. You want to enjoy something -- then do something you love! Do something that's fun -- something that excites and energizes you. If you're excited about the activity, then it's easy to get involved in the details.

We could extend this further -- if you're doing something that you don't love, why are you doing it? If you're not doing anything at all, then why not -- you're missing out on a wonderful part of life. Life is just a series of learning experiences; when you miss out on learning, you're not taking the next step (and may find yourself stuck in a dull routine!)

So -- bottom line -- learn and live. Take it as an action item -- find something fun to do and do it! The payoff will be much more than you think!

Here's a totally unrelated tidbit -- some Tarot trivia. When A. E. Waite wrote his tarot book nearly a hundred years ago, he described this particular picture of the Ace of Cups in great detail. He mentioned the four streams of water falling from the cup. Well, take a look and count them -- there are five streams, not 4! Meaningful? Hidden secrets? Possibly -- but more likely it suggests that Waite didn't do a good job of proof-reading!

1 comment:

linsky said...

I like five... it seems a golden even a nugget shape for me... or heart shaped, a number of change for the better. Your two card readings are always relevant to my life at the time. I sympathise with the tooth thing, my son has just had surgery (Orthodontic), and I was so tired after having to make so many (cold) soups that week. He is the brave one though! Love and Best Wishes to you... and thank you so much for the card interrpretations