Friday, October 25, 2013

Keep Earning It!

Greetings!

Hope your week's been going well -- mine has been pretty busy, but pretty productive, too.

I'm heading up to Middlefaire in Hillsboro, Texas next weekend; had to go to Fort Worth this week and found a new route in the process!  Much easier than what I've normally done.  I can take the same route to Hillsboro, so I'm pretty pleased.

My daughter's off to have some (elective) surgery this afternoon.  I'm not supposed to know what it's for (tatoo removal?  I wish!), but have to take the afternoon off to do driving duty.  I don't mind sitting in waiting rooms -- get to catch up on reading!

Let's jump into this weekend's reading ...

Our first card is -- the Six of Wands.

This card is a celebration card -- it suggests those times when we've been successful and that success is being acknowledged.  The message here is "You earned it, so enjoy it!"  Seems a ridiculously obvious thing to say, but society tells us we should be humble.  Humility is fine -- but you want to be realistic as well.  It's okay to feel good when you come out on top!

There's a slightly darker side to this message, though.  It's saying "You did well today -- but don't get cocky ...  tomorrow's a new day!."  It's reminding us that we face challenges every day.  Just because we're successful one day doesn't mean we don't need to put forth an effort the next day.

And our second card refers to this -- the Three of Swords.

If I were ever tempted to remove one card from the deck, it would be the Three of Swords.  It suggests heartbreak -- great sadness.

In this shared context with the Six of Wands, I see it leaning towards that darker side of the Six. 

It's okay to be confident -- to assume you'll be successful in the future just as you may have been successful in the past or present.  However, that doesn't mean it's automatic -- you have to face your challenges and put forth a good effort to overcome those challenges. 

None of us are entitled -- if you want something, you have to work for it and earn it.  Don't sit back and expect it to happen -- you must make it happen!

Hope you have a great weekend -- I'll see you again next week!

Woodsong





3 comments:

voyance par mail gratuite said...

Thanks to you, I have learned many interesting things. I hope to learn more. I congratulate you for the wonderful shares. Keep it up!

voyance gratuite mail said...

I seriously enjoy your posts. Many thanks

voyance amour gratuite said...

Nice Stuff..! I also wish him good luck to defend his gold medal. I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.