Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Audit Time!

Hi All!

Hope you had a good weekend and a good April Fool's start to the week!  I always forget about April Fool's day and someone always gets me.

This was the last weekend this season for Sherwood Forest Faire -- I get weekends back again for a while!

BTW -- to Courtney in California:  I met your friend this weekend at faire -- she says you really need to come down to visit next year and come to Sherwood.  Come by and say hello when you do!

Let's see what cards we have to start the week ...

We'll start with The Hermit.


This is the wise-old hermit -- he knows things!  His knowledge comes not only from training and learning skills, but also from experience.  When you put book smarts and street smarts together -- you get wisdom.  Knowing to do the right thing at the right time for the right reasons -- that kind of wisdom.

So -- where should we direct this wisdom.  What kinds of questions should we be looking to answer?

Our second card suggests something to consider-- the Seven of Pentacles.


To me, the Seven of Pentacles is an accomplishment card -- especially a career or professional accomplishment.  We took on a hard task and were successful -- hence the sense of accomplishment.

So -- maybe we might consider using our wisdom for a bit of internal career counseling -- a "self audit" if you will.  There are always a number of things going on in our lives -- but maybe we'll spend just a little bit of time thinking about our professional choices.

How's the job?  Going well?  If so, then why?  If not, then why not?  What can you do to make it even better?  Are you doing what you want to do?  Why not? 

Use the wisdom from your wise hermit -- if you have trouble applying this to yourself, then imagine you're giving career advice to someone else in your same position.  What would you say to them?

It's good to "audit" phases of our lives from time to time -- otherwise, we're just going along for the ride and hoping the right things will happen.  If we take a moment for a little review and evaluation, we'll likely discover things we can do to "guide" ourselves in order to better guarantee success.

And that's it for this week -- I'll be back later with more.  Till then, have a great week!

Woodsong

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So wonderful to read your 'readings' again, it has been a while! Welcome back!

Woodsong said...

Thanks so much for the kind words!

Estèrre said...

Hi, I really like what you put on your website. Your creations are beautiful. Good luck

Avenir amour

Alexsandria said...

Hi Sweetie! Your interpretation of the 7 of pentacles is different than what I'm used to. To me, it doesn't symbolize accomplishment just yet (esp as you get into 8,9,10 of pents). This is more of the audit, like you stated, the evaluation of the fruits of your labor. There's NO guarantee that you will get a successful return of your harvest, but it's worth a shot to try. So we have to sit and wait. So, I definitely understand the need for self evaluation in career and other areas of life and to use the wisdom of the Hermit to choose whether the decisions we've made are right for us. Thank you for this delightful reading. I just wanted to add my 2 cents....

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thank you for giving me a shout out! I see you've met my Arian friend :) Seems I really have to get tot he Faire! This advice you've given is appropriate for me as I've been searching for my purpose for some time. Being interested in more then one thing doesn't always help narrow it down! I'll probably end up doing 2 things. Still has been eluding me. Know of a good reading to pinpoint between types of careers best suited for the individual?

Thank you for your blog. I learn something new about tarot very often so am thankful for it. Blessings! Courtney in CA