Friday, September 06, 2013

Don't Wait -- Fix It Yourself

Hi!

Even though this was a short week, it still felt like a long one to me for some reason.  I hope your week went well.

Hoping to get the frame for my "portable" Tarot booth finished this weekend.  Have most of the pieces put together and painted -- just a little bit of fitting and hole-drilling left.  Still trying to figure out how to put the fabric on -- I'll post pictures later, but if you think of an upside-down "L", you'll have the basic shape.  I'll put fabric on the top and back, but am wondering if it'll tip over in a strong wind.  I'll probably leave slits in the fabric -- maybe even not attach the bottoms?  Will play with it once the frame is complete.

Then it's on to finishing the roulotte!

Let's jump into a weekend reading!

We'll start with -- the Six of Cups.
I helped a group design a set of tarot cards once -- one of my cards was the Six of Cups.  I painted a picture of a child's lemonade stand for the image.

The Six of Cups suggests the feelings and wants we had as a child.  When you're a kid, you don't worry about jobs, or taxes, or crime, or foreign affairs -- you just want to be loved, to be comfortable, to feel secure.  The yearning for that sort of security is what the Six of Cups is about.

We all want it -- but most of us have to work to get it.  I have friends with really lousy jobs -- they'll complain constantly about them.  Whenever I suggest "Why don't you look for a new job?", they're full of excuses about why they don't do so.  I figure if you have a problem -- but choose not to try and solve it -- then you've accepted the situation and shouldn't complain about it. 

You ALWAYS have options -- you just have to decided to make the effort to look for them and implement them.

Want security?  Want to feel safe and comfortable?  Then determine what you need to do in order to gain that security -- then do it.

So what does our second card say about this?  The Ace of Pentacles ...
Well, that pretty much affirms what we've already suggested.  The Ace of Pentacles is about beginning new projects, new ventures -- especially commercial or professional ones.  Are there actions you can take to help make your life more comforable and secure?  Maybe it's a new job -- but maybe it's making a better effort in your existing position.  Maybe it's re-evaluating the things that make you uncomfortable -- perhaps you're misrepresenting the situation?  Maybe it's new hobbies that make you feel more capable and competent?  Maybe it's spiffing up your living quarters -- or fixing up an unreliable vehicle?

Whatever it may be, if it's something that's keeping you from feeling safe and comfortable, look for ways you can remedy the situation.  No need to wait for things to fix themselves; take an active hand and fix them yourself!

That's it for now -- hope you have a great weekend!

Woodsong

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all of your effort and kindness in providing your free readings. They are almost always accurate and I look forward to each of them!

voyance gratuite mail said...

Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to mention that I have truly loved surfing around your weblog posts. After all I will be subscribing for your feed and I am hoping you write once more soon!

voyance gratuite par mail said...

Wonderful work! This is the type of information that should be shared around the net. Shame on Google for no longer positioning this post upper! Come on over and seek advice from my website . Thank you =)